Thursday, August 17, 2006

Just 'A' Swinging


Some people (like Jim and Mary), need to get away to relax. When I travel, I go to do things or see people. When I get home, I may be refreshed, but am often more tired than when I left. If I want to just chill out and relax, for me there's no place like home. A cup of coffee and the paper in the morning, or a glass of wine and a good book in the evening on my front porch swing is about as close to heaven as I can get. I can sit there and shuck corn or snap beans and talk with the kids. Friends or family can come over to just sit and enjoy the sounds of the crickets. Sometimes it makes me feel transported back to another century.

PS - Happy Birthday Big Brother Mike

6 comments:

Katy said...

Very beautiful, you described my perfect Sunday...
Ahhhhh.....

Missy said...

What a nice porch - I'll sit there with ya!

Mike and Annette said...

Is this heaven? No, it's home. I'm with you Gini, peace and quiet at home are lovely. But I do love the energy and excitement of traveling. Well, actualy,I love being places, I really dont like the 'getting there' part.
Your porch looks wonderful. I love it.

Chet and Gini said...

Funny you should mention that - I love the "getting there part" I am always telling my kids to enjoy the journey as much as the destination!

Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

Your porch is awesome. I wouldn't mind sitting there and swinging. Here in AZ we don't really have front porches and people don't hang out in their front yards much anyway. Guess I'll have to come and swing on your swing.

Chet and Gini said...

You have to realize - my front yard is 2 acres!