Thursday, October 25, 2007

Playing Hooky

I played hooky from work this afternoon and went to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park for a hike. There are 125 miles of hiking trails there ranging from 0.5 miles to 19 miles long and from easy to hard. The 19 mile one is actually an easy one - along the Ohio & Erie Canal. I took the Ledges trail & the Octogon Loop for about 2 1/2 miles. I think you can see from the pictures why it is call the Ledges trail. This is a beautiful park nestled between Akron and Cleveland (closer to Akron). You would never know you are so close to two cities. I got some really great photos and will share more of them with you in future postings. In case you can't tell, Fall is my favorite time of year and I just don't think you can find it much prettier than in Ohio.

3 comments:

Rissa said...

Absolutely beautiful. That is the perfect way to play hooky and spend the day. I love hiking, the fall, and crisp cool air. I definately miss the changing of the seasons here in the desert.

Missy said...

Good for you for ditching - Terry would loves these trails.

Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

Beautiful photos. I love the beauty of fall but don't miss the weather or more specifically the weather that follows. I like wearing shorts all year!