Monday, January 21, 2008

Basterdizing the English Language

On the radio this morning a man was being interviewed about a memorial being erected to Martin Luther King. The interviewee proceeded to mention all the "heroes and sheroes". I know that language is fluid but come on! I have never heard anyone complain about the word "hero." There is nothing wrong with the word hero - only something wrong with a person who is so afraid of offending some unknown person that he would make up his own language.

1 comment:

Mike and Annette said...

I am always apalled at what I hear on television coming out of 'professional' people mouths.
I heard the word 'disrespecting' the other day. Is this a new verb? I heard of 'being disrespectful', but disrespecting? UGH
And while I am on this soap box, a sentence does not begin 'Me and her'---it's 'She and I' for gosh sake.