Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Saucing tomatoes


I took the day off today to make tomato sauce and Carl came over to help. His idea of helping was picking 3 more buckets while I cleaned the 4 buckets Chet had already picked! He did also cut them all up for me. I now have a turkey roaster full of sauce that is cooling, my three large pots are on the stove with more simmering, and I still have more to go. Oh, and those three buckets of tomatoes Carl picked? They are sitting on the front porch waiting their turn.

3 comments:

Mike and Annette said...

Sounds like fun, but a lot of work. It also sounds delicious!

Mike and Annette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I use to make tomato sauce when we lived in Columbus, I use to freeze them in bags. Nothing taste better than homemade.