Thursday, May 11, 2006

Tour my neighborhood




Like Jim, I have been off this week so I can help David move and shop for clothes. We are going back out today to look for suits. But, I have managed to do some of the things I enjoy most, one of which is walking my dogs. Here are some photos of my neighbors and neighborhood as you go north out my driveway. Note about the little church - St. Peter of the Fields - it was established by a group of German immigrants who wanted to be able to hear the mass in German. It's concregation outgrew it a while ago. Part of them wanted to tear this lovely church down and build a new one on the same spot. Another part of the church wanted to leave it alone and build in a totally new place. This went on for awhile with the pastor coming down on the side of the first group. Last year the pastor was reassigned and guess what - the new administrator was able to find a compromise. This church is staying as is and they are building the new one around the existing church hall. Strange as it seems - I drive by this church every Sunday on my way to mass in Kent - someday I may decide to change. In the one photo that just looks like brush, if you look carefully you can see the horses ears peeking up. As I stopped to take their photo, they turned to check me out. I wanted to get closer photos of the calves - but I went out at the wrong time of day and they were too far away.

No comments: