Friday, April 18, 2008

It fascinates me when the moon can be seen in the daylight. It looks so close that we should be able to ride up and visit. We had visitors here the night before I took this picture. Chet had taken Molly out for a walk. Just a few moments after he left, he called me and told me to come out, but be very quiet. There were 8 deer in the back - does and fawns. We watched them for about 5 minutes, just grazing. Occasionally they would look up at us. Chet & Molly continued their walk, carefully skirting around the side of the yard. You could see the deer pick up their heads in a more alert stance. One of the does finally decided that they had gotten too close and started to run - the rest followed. It was a sight to see them all run off. Of course, I didn't have my camera with me, but I will try to catch them next time.

1 comment:

Rissa said...

Sounds serene