Monday, July 14, 2008

Flowers













Since everyone is posting pictures of their flowers (well, Katy & Riss), I decided to post some of mine






I'm not usually a geranium person, but I was really struck by the intensity of these. It doesn't really come through in the picture, but they are just barely rimmed in black which give them a velvet look.






















These Lilies were here when we moved. The previous owner had taken cuttings from her mother's house. We told her she could come and get some, but she hasn't yet.


















The Cosmos are just starting to come on. When you have a whole bed of them they remind me of butterflies. I had them at our old house, but had to pull them up because David was allergic to them.







The Blackeyed Susans also just started. I love these - they are so cheerful. And, they are so typically Ohio flowers. Once you have started them you can completely ignore them and no only will they continue to bloom no matter the weather, but they will multiply and flourish.

3 comments:

Rissa said...

Pretty. I love flowers.

Mike and Annette said...

Katy and I were just saying that we love this time of year because the flowers are all blooming and growing. Yours are looking good.
I have not paid much attention to our gardens this year, so they are just growing on their own. Still, they aren't too bad.

Anonymous said...

Gini,
Your yard look great. Mike was impressed with the whole place when he saw the pics.