Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day 2009

Today is an historic day and not just because we have our first black president. All inaugurations are historic. We should be proud our system of government. Yes, mistakes are made and there are things we disagree with. BUT, our candidates campaign, we vote and we have a new leader. All should wish our new president well because if he succeeds, we succeed. Whether we voted for him or not (I didn't) we should treat him and the office with respect. I believe that most politicians are trying to do what they think best for our country. It's okay to disagree - there is just a way to do it. I fervently pray that God grants President Obama wisdom, courage and kindness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also appreciate the reference to the importance of getting back to our values and especially the continous reference to God. I think this is soooo important. Bev

Missy said...

I agree, I hope he succeeds. But I have decided I need to tune out for awhile because if I see one more "celebrity" make an idiotic comment about the new or old president my head is going to blow. They need to stick to what they know; shut up and do your job, which is entertainment (subjective). I will not base my political opinions by listening to your glib babble.