Saturday, January 10, 2009

Winter Wonderland

We've had about 10 inches of snow fall since last night. People complain - but I love it. This is the first real snow we've had all year. 75% of the battle in learning to love it is attitude. If you keep telling yourself that you are going to hate it - you will! (that is true about most things.) The other 25% is just getting out. If you keep yourself all cooped up of course when you go out you are going to freeze(and learn to hate winter in the process). You do have to dress for it. When I have on my hat, boots, gators (one of the best gifts I've ever gotten) and scarf I stay plenty warm and I see things I would miss from inside. And of course, my extra warm Big Bear Socks!


8 comments:

Mike and Annette said...

You are right about attitude and winter, but it just wore me out last year. I do not miss it at all here in AZ. Maybe next year I will have forgotten enough to miss it.

Mike and Annette said...

PS, cute socks!!!

Rissa said...

I too have those socks...and love them! By the way this California girl has no idea what gators are? Could you explain.

Chet and Gini said...

How to explain - think of chaps only they come up from your boots instead of down from your hips. They cover the tops of your boots and your calfs. They keep the snow from getting into your boots - and for the more adventerous they also protect your calfs from prickly things in the woods, and I suppose snakes, too.

Mike and Annette said...

I just enlarged the photo of your snow gauge. Wow, way cool! where did you get it? Is it made of metal?

Chet and Gini said...

It was a gift - yes it is metal

Mike and Marsha said...

I always loved fresh fallen snow. It was Feb. and March when it all turned black and icky that I had had enough.

Mike and Marsha said...

Ps. Aren't those the best socks?