Friday, June 23, 2006

Mother O and Junk Mail

Just like everyone else, I get alot of junk mail, especially from people wanting me to borrow money. When I get one of those, I carefully open each one up and proceed to rip to shreds any piece that has my name or address on it, before I throw it in the trash. As I do this, I always think of Mom. I can see her doing the exact same thing and lecturing me that there were people out there waiting to cheat me out of my money. Never in my wildest dreams did I think at the time of Mom being ahead of her time. Somehow, I think if we could have put her in charge of privacy issues way back then, there would be a lot less identity theft now.

2 comments:

Katy said...

I like hearing your memories about Grandma and G-pa O, Gini...

Mike and Annette said...

Yes, I also think that mom was ahead of her time. So many times I will see something (esp. on TV) and remember something Mom had said. For example, her annoyance about stupid or disgusting commercials. I always turn to Mike and say, "Mom O would have loved that one."