Sunday, July 16, 2006

Support your local library


As a member of the Friends of the Brimfield Library, I participated in our sidewalk sale of used books Saturday and we raised $275.00. We are just a small group supporting a small library but we have paid for kite makers and zoo programs, sponsored authors to speak, purchased shelves and are looking at locked cabinets. Some of our members have dressed up in costumes and others have made cookies (not me!) Our library serves a lot of people who might not bother to drive into town and though it may not seem like much, we try to do our part. Even little things can make the world a better place

2 comments:

Mike and Annette said...

Exactly right! Good job, Gini, keep up the good work.

Missy said...

I think that your efforts are great. When I get some free time I would like to involved in something. My job is completely unfullfilling.