Saturday, April 28, 2007

Further Adventures of Molly the Dog

Molly has a ball that looks like a deformed tennis ball. She loves it. One of her favorite games is to push it under a piece of furniture. She'll look at you (gotta say it) with puppy dog eyes and whine and see how long it takes before you get it for her. She will also take her ball when we walk out back. As we were walking in the woods she dropped it into a new ground hog hole she found. I love my dogs, but there is no way I am sticking my hand down in a hole in which a wild animal lives. Not happening. Sassy and I continued to walk around the yard. Molly would come up to us, then go back to the hole. Come walk with us awhile, and then go back to the hole. After we had been around the yard twice, she either finally realized I wasn't going to get it, or suddenly remembered she had paws. The groundhog now has a new, enlarged entrance to his home, and Molly has her beloved ball.

1 comment:

Mike and Annette said...

Cute story, and I might say, smart move on your part for not getting it for her.