Thursday, April 12, 2007


Last night I went to hear the author, Jennifer Chiaverini speak. She writes the Elm Creek Quilt novels. If you have never been to hear an author speak, you should go if you get the chance. I have been to several. Some speak about their latest book, some read stories from their book, some talk about the process of writing and others talk about themselves and how they came to write. I have also been to one that encouraged everyone to write their own stories. But with all the differnces, each has been fun and a learning experience. One of the interesting things I learned about Jennifer is that she was born at Good Samaritan Hospital in Cincinnati, and now resides in Madison Wisconson. We live in a small world! I forgot my camera, so the picture is from her website.

1 comment:

Mike and Annette said...

Going to hear an author speak is somthing I have been thinking about doing. They come to the UNI all the time, but I have been to lazy to go out for it in the evenings. After reading what you wrote, I will definately make a point of going.